HOMESSA Inc. provides Commonwealth Home Support Programme Home Maintenance services to eligible clients in the Fraser Coast Regional Council area (except Hervey Bay). This service provides home maintenance and minor home repairs together with garden maintenance and the removal of rubbish to keep their home in a safe and habitable condition.
When a client contacts the Home Maintenance service for assistance we can either: –
- Carry out the work ourselves with our own staff and any material costs are paid by the client
- Or contact a contractor who is registered with us, on behalf of the client and we can subsidise the labour cost. The client then pays for any labour charge in excess of the subsidised amount and any material costs
The amount of the subsidy provided can vary and is based on the demand for service versus the funds available.
Services provided may include:
- Changing light bulbs
- Installing smoke alarms and replacing batteries
- Minor electrical services (light switches, power points, ceiling fan repairs/replacements)
- Minor plumbing services (tap washers, leaks and blocked drains)
- Repairs and replacement of hot water systems
- Appliance repairs (washing machines, fridges, air conditioners, ovens and stoves)
- Basic locksmith and glazing services
- Security work (key safes, sensor lights and security screens)
- Handyman and carpentry services
- Gutter cleans
- Yard tidy’s and rubbish removals
- Lawn Mowing Vouchers
Client eligibility is determined by My Aged Care. Once eligibility has been determined My Aged Care will send HOMESSA Inc. a referral for Home Maintenance or give you a referral code.
To arrange assessment for Commonwealth Home Support Programme Home Maintenance eligibility contact: –
Call My Aged Care